Saturday, July 7, 2012

Broken Window

Yesterday, Dale dropped the nailgun on one of the windows.  Interestingly, it did not shatter into millions of tiny pieces as one might expect from tempered glass.  Instead, it broke like the window that killed the stalker dude in the movie "Ghost".  They aren't tempered afterall, so it was a blessing in disguise.  The nice person who sold them to us told us they were "safety glass" when I asked if they were tempered.  The only way to see was to naturally break one!

So we went with another nice pair of windows off the old CL.  This time I can see the sticker that says they are tempered.  The windows we have now are 72" x 45", and should give us even more light into the space.  They are dark bronze aluminum frame with low E double pane tempered glass.  Dale is over at the shop framing them in right now.

All together we have now spent $410 on windows.  Not exactly the plan.  Damn!  I will prolly sell the mate to the first set myself on cl.  If I can get $100 I'll feel better about the whole fiasco!

The casualty window is the one lying on its side to the left in the close up.  It is now in the dumpster.



No comments:

Post a Comment